May is National Military Appreciation Month designated by Congress. In order to show our appreciation,
Operation Give would like to provide you with an opportunity to show your appreciation through “OPERATION TROOP SUPPORT”
We would like to provide you a way to reach out and build a bridge to all those on active duty in all branches of the services, to the National Guard/Reserves, to retirees, to veterans, and to their families—a total
of well over 90 million Americans and more than 230 years of military history— More importantly to build a bridge and provide you a conduit to show your support for our Troops that are away from home serving this great nation abroad.
Operation Troop Support, is one program that provides opportunities for all of us to participate in the bridge building process.
• We send care packages year around to troops deployed throughout
the world in order to express the thanks of caring citizens. These care packages are full of wonderful much needed items, donated by every day citizens throughout the United States. During the Christmas Season these care packages take on the shape of Christmas Stockings full of all kinds of personal hygiene items, books, CD’s and other Christmas goodies.
• We provide special items for military families holding down the fort at home, who have special needs. At times these can be special items needed on a case by case basis, or items that perhaps all children would enjoy any time.
• We send boxes of humanitarian supplies directly to service men and women so they may also be involved
in the giving process; as they build bridges to the people in the countries they are serving. These are in the shape of school supplies, dental hygiene kits, new born baby kits, soccer balls and soccer gear, shoes, blankets/quilts, tools, etc.
• We provide care packages to brighten up the lives of our aging veterans in nursing homes.
THINGS OUR MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN NEED:
• Video Games, Chess, Checkers, Dominos, Yo-yos, Playing Cards
• Hand sanitizers, Deodorant, Shoe deodorizers, Foot powder for Athlete’s foot, shoe inserts
• Wet wipes, Body & Face Lotions, Body & Face soaps, Eye Drops, feminine hygiene products
• Shampoo / Conditioner, body wash,
• Bug spray, Shaving Cream, Disposable razors, Sunscreen, Lip balm
• Small flashlights, Small multi-tools, Clip on Lights, fingernail clippers
• AT&T Calling cards, tiny personal fans, Pen/Mechanical pencils
• SD Cards/Thumb Drives, iTune Cards, gift certificates
• Toothbrush & paste, Dental floss, Individual pkg. of tissue, disinfectant wipes
• Protein Powder mixes
• Reading Books, paperback books, American flags,
• GPS watch, compass
• Nerf footballs, Frisbees, soccer balls,
• Healthy Snacks, vitamins, cold medicine
• Non-perishable-food items—Cookies, Candies, Gum, Granola bars, beef jerky, crackers, Cheesewhiz, peanut butter, powdered drinks, Gatorade powder, etc.
Posted by Chief Wiggles Saturday, 21 March 2015